Eid- El - Kabir: FG Declares Friday & Monday As Public Holidays

The Federal Government has declared Friday, 1st and Monday 4th September, 2017 as public holidays to mark Eid-el-Kabir celebrations.
This was confirmed by the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, who made the declaration on behalf of the FG in a statement on Monday.
He congratulated Muslim faithful and all Nigerians, urging them to use the occasion to pray for peace, unity, prosperity and the stability of Nigeria.
Dambazau also urged citizens to join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, in its avowed determination to build a peaceful and harmonious country, “where the rights of every citizen are protected and guaranteed, as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
The Minister assured Nigerians of security and safety in all parts of the country, emphasizing that security agencies have been directed to maintain peace and protect lives and property.

I ’m Happy The Economy Is Improving – President Says

Buhari stated this after receiving briefings from Ministers and the Central Bank of Nigeria about the economy and monetary policies.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed delight over the ‘improvement’ in the country’s economy, which has been in recession for about two years.
Buhari, who just returned to Nigeria last week after a prolonged sick-leave in London, stated this after receiving briefings from Ministers and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Monday, August 28.
In the statement issued by Buhari’s spokesman, Femi Adesina, the President was briefed for nearly two hours about the economy and monetary policies by the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele and the minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma.
“A delighted president declared that he was pleased with the progress being made on different fronts,” Adesina said.
The country has been battling currency crisis and dollar shortages caused by low oil prices, which is Nigeria’s main source of revenue.
But oil prices have risen since the low prices of 2014, leading to increased receipts and as a result of peace talks in the Niger Delta region, militants have since suspended attacks on oil facilities.
The attacks on pipelines cut crude production by more than a third in 2016.
Nigerian stocks rose to a nearly three-year-high in August, largely on the opening of a market-determined FX trade window by the central bank in April that has prompted some foreign investors to return.

University Of Ilorin Professor Reveals Benefits Of Early Morning Séx ( See The Benefits)

Prof. Musa Yakubu of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State says having sex in the early morning lowers blood pressure and reduces risks of heart attack.
Yakubu said this in a paper: ‘Knocking Down the Barriers to Four O’Clock Activities and Reproductive Inadequacies’ presented at the 163rd Inaugural lecture of the university.
Yakubu said having sexual intercourse three to four times a week was good for love life.
“Research has shown that sex boosts immune system by stimulating the body’s first line of defence and production of immunoglobulin A (IgA), against cold and fever,” he said.
“Immunoglobulin A is one of the most common antibodies in the body system. Antibodies are proteins made by the immune system to fight bacteria, viruses, and toxins.”
Yakubu said that sex also regulates menstruation in women by influencing the levels of lutenizing hormones that controls menstrual period and promote better sleep.
Sexual intercourse, the don explained, releases the feel-good chemical, known as oxytocin, which enhances closeness with one’s partner and makes people feel happier for a longer period of time.
“Lovemaking of about 20 minutes reduces 150 calories,” he said.
The professor of Biochemistry postulated that sex is the most powerful creative force given to human by God for pleasure and deep companionship.
Yakubu, however, noted that any marriage in which the man or woman could not enjoy sexual intercourse or satisfy their partner in bed was a dead marriage.
He said lack of sexual satisfaction had led to the collapse of many marriages in Nigeria, and urged couples to seek for solutions to the problem.

Charles Oputa And Others Storms EFCC Office To Demand Alison Madueke’s Repatriation

Charles Oputa, well known as Charly Boy and his OurMumuDonDo protesters wants Denziani Alison Madueke back in Nigeria.
On arrival of President Muhammadu Buhari back Iinto the country, the OurMumuDonDo protesters has now dumped the sit out ‘resume or resign’ protest for Bring Back ‘Diezani Alison Madueke’ protest. The protesters lead by the Area Fada as fondly called stormed the EFCC headquarters in Abuja to demand the repatriation of the former minister for petroleum to face corruption charges in the country.

OMG!! See What Alison- madueke’s Loot Can Fund In Nigeria

The Buhari Media Support Group (BMSG) on Thursday in Abuja, said the stolen funds traced to former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, could fund infrastructure development in the country.
Specifically, the group said in a statement by its Chairman, Austin Braimoh, and Secretary, Cassidy Madueke, that government could build six world-class airports in each geo-political zone with part of the funds.
It said that the recovered loot was also enough to have funded agricultural projects that would have generated employment for Nigerian youths.
It added that the N47.2 billion and
487.5 million dollars in cash and property traced to Alison-Madueke by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissison (EFCC) were also enough to complete the Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar rail lines.
It recalled that the Federal Government was already seeking loans for the rail projects.
The group called on Nigerians to join hands to condemn the massive looting of the nation’s treasury by officials of previous administrations.
It expressed belief that the loot traced to the former minister was a “far cry’’ from what she and others in the past governments pilfered from the national treasury. According to it, these monies stashed in foreign accounts forced the Nigerian economy to suffer instant depression.
The group recalled that Mrs. Madueke and her associates, including Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore, were currently being tried by the US government for allegedly laundering over 1.7 billion dollars.
It urged Nigerians to have a collective resolve to fight what it described as “psychotic and mindless’’ type of looting exhibited by indicted government officials in their days in government.
This, it said, could halt the craving to loot public treasury by government officials. The group reminded Nigerians that though the fight against corruption was the foremost policy thrust of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, “the fight might not attain maximum result unless Nigerians willingly resolve to join in it’’.
“This synergy is necessary so as to fight the art of looting and other forms of mismanagement in government.’’
It stated that all concerned Nigerians should be organising widespread protests to condemn looting of government funds by officials, past and present, as often revealed by the anti-graft agencies.
It advised that Nigerians should also stop dissipating energies on attacking Buhari, “the main fighter of corruption’’ over his health challenge.
The group commended anti-graft agencies, particularly EFCC, for their sustained efforts in exposing corruption in Nigeria. It appealed to the agencies not to give up but to ensure the prosecution of culprits looting of the nation’s treasury.
Source : NairaLand

Why I Collapsed During Anti- Buhari Protest – Charly Boy Opens Up

Popular Nigerian entertainer, Charles Oputa popularly known as Charly Boy has said that he slumped during the anti-Buhari protest following an attack from over 200 Policemen.
According to Charly, the seat-out protest turned violent when over 200 policemen attacked about 10 participants at the Millennium Park in Abuja.
Speaking in an interview with Daily Post, Charly Boy said that despite getting security clearance, for the protest by a civil society group under the platform of “OurMumuDonDo,” the policemen stormed the venue and started “tear gassing” and physically assaulting them.
He said: “Our country is finished. We were only 10 people attacked by over 200 policemen. They were tear gassing us.
“Today was actually meant to be a sit-out, we planned to gather in one place to discuss the problems we have and about the way forward but all of a sudden, we were attacked by policemen. They came with teargas, water cannon.
“Even the journalist from silver bird that was brutalized is still in the hospital, they damaged his camera, all in an attempt to dispatch us. Everything got ugly when they started to throw teargas. After this we dispatched.
“We did get the police clearance and we told them it was going to be for one week. We went to all the security arms, they were all with us. I just wonder what happened today.
“I use to feel very comfortable with the Nigerian police until today even if other people feel otherwise.
“We have a right to protest as long as it is peaceful, if you are writing to the police, it is just to inform them and not to get their permission, you write so they can give you cover. It is our right to gather, it is also our right to ask questions.
“We were only 10 people and yesterday we were like 200, yet they did not attack us, so I’m wondering what actually went wrong today.
“When we confronted them, the only thing they told us was that the protest was being viewed from all over the world, but the world knows that Nigeria has a problem.”

Presidency Reveals What Will Happen To Anyone Who Makes Hate Speech

The minister of interior, Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd) has said that a bill that would ensure the prosecution of people who engage in hate speech is underway.
Daily Trust reports that Dambazau said this at the National Secretariat of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) while fielding questions from journalists.
The minister, who was at the APC secretariat to brief the National Working Committee (NWC) on the activities of his ministry, said a draft bill had been submitted to the Ministry of Justice.
He said hate speech must never be allowed in Nigeria since nobody could determine the tribe he or she would belong to.
Asked to explain the reasons it was difficult to prosecute those perpetrating hate speech, he said: “We just submitted a draft bill to the ministry of justice on hate speech.That draft speech is supposed to go as an executive bill after getting to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
“That draft speech contains the laws and punishment for hate speech.
“Hate speech should not be allowed in this country, everybody is entitled to belong to the religion he believes in.
“I mean people don’t choose the tribe to be, that’s how God brought him and there is absolutely no reason for hate speech.
“So, if the national assembly passes that law, certainly anybody who is engaged in hate speech will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.”
On the recent attacks on a church in Anambra State, the minister said he is still awaiting a detailed report on the incident, but added that he had spoken with the governor who confirmed that the issue arose from two persons from the same village in the South-east.
Dambazau also dismissed the reports of recruitment scandal in his ministry. He, however, said that the immigration is currently recruiting 1112 to complete the balance of those recalled from the 2015 exercise.
He said: “There is no recruitment scandal. I believe what is happening is just what has happened to other organizations. We have some people with criminal minds either through facebook or social media in general deceiving people who are desperately looking for jobs to tell them they can offer them jobs.
“What we are doing now is recruitment in the immigration and the recruitment in immigration is an uncompleted business that we met in 2015. Remember that 2000 persons were recruited and they were normally observed to which they were dispersed and so on.
“When we came onboard, we studied the situation and we found out it was necessary for us to recall them and re-assess them because some of those are normally bothered on the issue of fake certificate, over age and so on.
“When we call them, we advertise. About 1500 of them reported and we re-assessed 1500 that reported. Out of which, we get 888 that scape through. So, the balance of 1112 is what we advertise for recruitment and that recruitment is online. It is free. Nobody should pay for it.
“This is where we are now because we have to allow six weeks for advertisement for people to take advantage of the use of the portal. Now, we have closed that. What we are going to do is to look at those who are qualified to be invited for interview which will be done state by state.”